In order to raise funds to support ADAS activities such as planting and the Big Switch On we conduct an envelope drop in the Audlem district requesting subscriptions from residents to join ADAS each year.
Residents can return as much as they would like to, however, a minimum of £2 will give the resident an ADAS membership and entitlement to vote at AGM meetings.
By giving consent for Gift-Aid, the resident enables us to claim an extra 25% of their donation from HMRC.
All money raised is used by ADAS to benefit the village.
Donations can be made by clicking on Charities Aid Foundation or given to any committee member
During 2019 ADAS funds will be used for:
- Funding winter and summer planting schemes, which after a donation of £1000 from the Parish Council costs ADAS around £2000
- Winter planting of pansies and tulips, hyacinths and crocus bulbs costs around £800
- Funding the Big Switch On, which after a donation from the Parish Council costs ADAS around £800 subject to how many tree lights have to be replaced.
- We are also gradually replacing lights in large trees at the entrance to the village. Lights at Broadway and Woore road bridge (thank you to the Plume family for their kind donation) have been replaced.
- This year we will replace the lights at the end of Windmill drive at a cost of around £280
- We have an ongoing flower tub replacement programme. As the existing tubs become unusable normally because the bottoms rot, we are replacing them with plastic ones which looks as much like oak tubs as possible, but don't rot. We have already replaced 13 of the 38 tubs and expect to spend £240 each year to buy 6 tubs.
- we will spend £200 to replace shrubs in the permanent flower beds due to dieback during 2018
- we have now spent £550 building the raised flower beds outside the Charity shop. This will improve the look of this area and hide the ugly wire mesh fence.
- We will spend £600 building raised flower beds outside the Methodist church. This will avoid plants dieing due to salt spray in the winter
- We will spend £1300 to install 2 benches under the beech tree next to the co-op.
- We also have the ADAS annual costs of around £550 for Public liability insurance, entering North West in Bloom and our AGM.
Other projects for this year and subsequent years:
- Water butts in the village — 3 have already been installed, with 2 other locations agreed.
- Benches at the car park entrance — funding applied for from the Co-op community fund
- Refurbish Canal side bed — funding obtained from the Co-op community fund. Planting to commence in the Autumn 2018, now delayed until autumn 2019 due to awaiting permission from C&RT